Professional Mold Testing
There are a number of little things to look out for when purchasing a new home. Normally the things to consider includes such things as location, wiring, the condition of the house itself, and several other factors. One of these factors that the home buying public is becoming more concerned with is mold.
Schedule Your Inspection
Mold Testing In Staunton, VA
We proudly offer mold testing. We know that the safety of your family is important.
There are many different types of mold that can occur in a home and lead not only to structural damage, but some health concerns as well.
Mold is difficult to find in many homes as it grows exclusively in dark and moist areas that are usually hidden somewhere in the structural areas of the home such as attics and basements.
By the time mold shows up in the actual living areas, chances are that it is all through the home.
One of the most likely places for mold to form is anywhere that moisture is improperly vented. Another area of concern is if a home has ever flooded and was not completely or properly cleaned and dried after. Leaky plumbing and basement crawlspaces are other likely candidates.
Mold can be a difficult thing to completely get rid of as the only thing it needs to continue growth is an organic material such as wood, and moisture. Both of these items are usually abundant in any home. The most likely was that moisture finds its way into the home is through faulty or leaky roofs and foundations.
Both of these areas should be checked over by an experienced mold inspector on a fairly regular basis if there is any worry of mold beginning to grow, or if there has been mold in the past. Mold can be an expensive problem to deal with so be pro-active about looking for it, it can save you money in the long run.
Get more information about mold in your home from this FREE guide on mold in your home.
If you are interested in mold testing you can use our contact page and we’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Mold Testing & Water Intrusion Evaluations
We provide extensive Mold and Water Intrusion evaluations to help home owners determine the presence of mold and conditions that are conducive to fungal growth. Our Certified Indoor Air Consultant utilizes a multi-step system to examine the visible and accessible portions of your home. Additionally, we will take air and surface samples of suspected areas to be tested by a 3rd party lab. Our inspection and lab results will be used to generate a high quality report to help assess your homes condition and provide recommendations to reduce conditions that promote future mold growth.
Your Certified Inspector will thoroughly examine several components of your home looking for signs of water intrusion or potential water entry points as well as signs of fungal growth in the following areas.
- EXTERIOR: wall cladding, flashing, windows, foundation walls, grading, vegetation, etc.
- ROOF: Roofing material/condition, gutters/downspouts, vent stacks, chimneys, other roof protrusions, roof flashings, etc.
- Attic: Roof framing, decking, protrusions, exhaust points, ventilation, signs of condensation, and water entry.
- Homes Interior: Plumbing fixtures and pipes, countertops, humidity levels, window sills, signs of moisture staining, thermal imaging, etc.
- Crawlspace/Basement: Framing, ground moisture/vapor barrier, ventilation, plumbing, signs of condensation and water entry.
- HVAC System: HVAC Air Handler, ductwork, supply registers, condensate drain and related items.
Your Mold Testing and Water Intrusion Evaluation will include two air samples (one indoor and one outdoor) as well as one surface sample. Additional air and surface samples can be added for an additional $60/Sample.
- Air Quality Testing: We deploy a specialized calibrated air pump that collects a sample of air by pulling it through a small filter. The filter is then analyzed by a 3rd party lab and provides a written lab result report.
- Surface Sampling: We utilize surface swabs and tape testing methods to extract a sample from a surface. These tests will also be analyzed by a lab to verify if the sample is mold or other forms of fungal growth. These results are also provided by a lab report.
You will receive a written report of your property that contains information and recommendations to improve the conditions found that are conducive to mold growth within 24 hours of completing your inspection.
Typically, we receive lab results back within three to four days of the inspection. Once received, we will update your written report to reflect their analysis and attach their Lab Report to your online customer portal. We will either email and/or call to ensure you are fully updated and answer any additional questions you may have.